Sign in to follow this  
noahgibbs

How can we possibly wait for the pre-Alpha?

No pre-Alpha keys until the 10th? Darn these actual human people with their reasonable human limits!

But seriously, thanks for all the work that you've put into this, Compulsion! I know running a Kickstarter is a huge amount of work. I very much appreciate all the long hours and fun demos and videos releases, and responding to comments, and publicizing fan art and writing, and...

I'm only anxious to be playing because you've put together something that looks *so* compelling. Please take it as a compliment, I definitely mean it that way ;-)

It's been our pleasure, although you're right, it has been a surprising amount of work! Really worthwhile though, we've learned a lot, and obviously have raised enough to keep us going for a good while!

It's going to be exciting :)

I'm having trouble following the official information, where do I find the announcement saying no keys until the 10th?

In general, the Kickstarter updates are probably the best way to follow. From the main Kickstarter page you can just click the "Updates" tab -- in between "Campaign" and "Comments" under the video.

@Vercci The reason the codes are coming Friday is (a) to get our code distribution method in place (which should be done in the next couple of days) and (b) because we're so close to this, we want to wait for a new build that contains a bit more content and, most importantly, performance options for low-mid range PCs (which will be done on Friday).

However, it's not surprising this is confusing - we said "immediately" in the tiers, but said "as soon as we can figure out a good distribution system" in the FAQ. We wanted to let people know that it would be immediately after the campaign, just as soon as we could get the right systems set up, but it wasn't clear. This is my fault, and I apologise.

Unfortunately we couldn't change the tier description once we realised the issue. Kickstarter doesn't let you update a tier description once 1 person has backed at that tier (which was immediately after the launch of the Kickstarter). This is why we stated it more clearly in the FAQ, and continually throughout the campaign, including in a number of updates: so that we could be as clear as possible about timing.

I hope that makes sense. Please let me know if I can clarify anything else.