Sign in to follow this  
lucigen

10162 Feedback

Due to work related issues I haven't had time, but I got back on and got a couple lives in to We Happy Few with all these oh so fancy updates. Posting some thoughts, but I streamed it all, so if you want to watch its heeeeeere

Garden District

- vastly improved from an awesomeness standpoint

- cruising around on rubble in houses a little glitchy

- church no longer has any significance from a drop standpoint (at least as far as I know)

- love the writing on the walls, adds a lot I think

- table outside get murdered by bobbies, but the children's seat is by far my favorite thing

- dead bobby has texture issues with leaves (reminds me of the manhole texture thing)

Main Town

- My pawn shop fuse door was still bugged and didn't go down the whole way

- so glad to see safes made it back into the game :)

- like the new joy detection instead of the lasers that wrap around

- disappointed there is no apparent way to cook raw meat on frying pan over stove in house

Fancy Town

- I still drop frames like i drop sc2 ladder games (all the time) when i get near the fountain

UI

- weird that face doesn't match char, but thats fine

- is there a way to switch weapons once you have 2?

- no weird numbers seen in inventory quickslots

- can we please update the char on the right with your suits? I think that's going to be real cool

- I like seeing the stats on the suits, i guess its probably for the best on the items in general too

- being able to pause the game to quick craft hp pots mid fight is still goofy, maybe have them restore hp over time instead of instantly if you want to keep pausing for inventory crafting

General

- Hiding under beds is cool, doesn't seem viable esp in garden district where they are all after broken stairs, have not attempted in main city

- Are sewing kits in the game?

- glad chemicals finally have a use

- love the concept of being able to craft suits

- multiple suits completely unreasonable size in inventory

- have had NPCs run away only to run into the drink and suicide... :(

- i like the hinting at whats happened to all the children, doesn't look like things went well...

- still needs more interactable objects, had a hard time even finding houses at times

- overall, feels like a more polished version that before, both in terms of graphics and mechanics, nice job!

OH AND CONGRATS ON GETTING FUNDED

AND HAPPY CANADA DAY

SORRY YOU LOST TO ENGLAND IN WOMEN'S WORLD CUP, THNX FOR HOSTING :)

Oh and most importantly, thank you for adding a "sploosh sound"

Thanks @lucigen! This is great feedback, and some excellent ideas (particularly simple healing items as regen, I like that).

Sewing kits are, indeed, in the game. But they are hard to find.

I'll reply a little later, but will forward this to the team.

- weird that face doesn't match char, but thats fine

It's not meant to be the character, it's just a generic wellie face. After all, they're the ones suspicious of you.

- is there a way to switch weapons once you have 2?

If you mean a quick swap of sorts, not right now. With only 2 holsters, it's just as quick to press 1 and 2 to switch.

- can we please update the char on the right with your suits? I think that's going to be real cool

It would be nice, but it'd also be a lot of art effort. We'll make a decision once we have a better idea exactly how far we want to go with outfits.

- being able to pause the game to quick craft hp pots mid fight is still goofy, maybe have them restore hp over time instead of instantly if you want to keep pausing for inventory crafting

I've mentioned it elsewhere, I believe, but this is a temporary thing. You won't be able to craft or use items (except for the quick slots) while engaged with hostile or suspicious AIs. I just have yet to put in proper ways of communicating this restriction to the player.