Sign in to follow this  
dawnbreaker

The map and the possibility of adding custom waypoints/markers

Hi, Hello or however one starts these. I wish to provide to constructive feedback in which to make an already amazing alpha even better.

You see, there are a lot of important or just plain interesting sights to see in this wonderful world but sometimes I get lost (or just plain forget where they are). So in the off chance this may be read would it be possible to add something to be able to notate where these places are. Maybe even be able to add a small note onto that marking so I know what it is exactly (beside something that caught my eye).

I believe that this little function can add so much to the exploration (or to some downers something to clutter their map with). So I beseech thee, please find it in your heart to allow us this little nicety in this already dreary world. Or perhaps...you didn't take enough joy yet?

But really I think I would be a good Idea to be able to have some sort of custom way-point system (even if it is a minimal style of one) or a journal that you can write down your findings. A grid system that you can toggle on and off would be a nice touch if you need to use a journal to keep track of everything. Or if allowed to mark things on the map mark it with a pencil that you find (or are given).

So thanks for reading this and remember, ALWAYS take your daily dose of Joy everyone. That includes you, cause no one likes a downer.

P.S. If this was already stated in the forum somewhere I'm super sorry. Its early in the morn and I wanted to bring this up while it was fresh on my mind after playing for a bit.

They are working already on implementing them into the UI as you type this xD! Steam already has preview testing available for these functions.

They have implemented markers on the current test patch. BUT, i have no idea if they are planning on adding multiple notations on the map.

I think thats what you are saying right? Being able to add multiple notes like: 'Place to get over the roof', 'cool hill to watch the sunset', things like that right?

I'd like that too, although not really a necessity for me.

@fromthewoods Yeah it is. Its just little things that i discover that would be nice to be able to notate somehow...if not on the map then maybe a personal journal of sorts.