Sign in to follow this  
zoey4141

Respawn items

I think that food and stuff in houses should respawn after a few days because I've ran out of food and I've raised all the houses in the happy area, if it does then I think it should be sped up

• Like 2

I've noticed that some things do respawn or rather, that it seems there is a bug with their spawning depending on the day - but I've only noticed it in the starting area in the abandoned houses. Like 4 bottles of alchohol, 4 metal bits, and 4 duct tape all spawned on top of a chest of drawers. This usually only happens if you are at like, day 18 (but the bugs become more apparent for me the later in the playthrough).

Food is an interesting concept - but, it should be tied to if the NPCs are alive or still residing in the home. Doesn't make much sense if their cupboards are refilling but no-one is home. It could be a sort of a stealth play reward.

Yes I agree with refilling if the owners are alive as I never kill them anyway, it would be cool if we could create food too, like mix multiple berries for something stronger or the ingredients you find in houses to make something edible

@CrisRo Ive notived some places respawn everytime you leave an area and come back like: Sinks in ruined houses. Cup boards in abbandoned houses. Berries. Bathtubs in houses of hamlyn. Picnic area in Hamlyn. Honey from bees. Apples from apple tree. They spawn more and accumulate. Many power tomes respawn too. I am supposed to report this in bug area but never got to it.

@zoey4141 Like Cris said it is nice if it makes sense to respawn. But i think it should take quite a few days. Usually i am not too fond of cooking my foods in games, it always feels better to me to grab and go. I only enjoy cooking in games when the recipes are rare and give special bonuses for a duration. This way i dont have to cook all the time but still am encouraged to cook sometimes.

@fromthewoods

A week maybe? By cooking I meant like if your low on food or if you really need it but you have no food but an ingredient then the option is there, like a last resort kinda thing, but yeah I like to pick up and go too

Just want to add because it seems like I'm complaining lol,

I love this game, I find scavenger survival really fun and the features in the game so far I don't actually have issues with, when I escaped my literal words were "I fu***** loved that game" lol