Sign in to follow this  
FaradaysKeeper

What exactly is "Strange" meat ?!

I don't suppose it'll be attached to some "Strange" animal later on ? I only seem to find it in the garden district as well... I kinda wonder that texture and taste also lol Anybody got any idea or speculations ? I'm all ears because I'm stumped hahaha

I don't know if its human, i mean...... wait!! Noooo.

When you throw it on the ground, youll see the meat has a tiny little hand or paw. Reading this im thinking, is it made of children???

I have seen a few guilt ridden wastrels lament about v-meat, it's quite disturbing if they are screaming truth!

No wonder people need their joy, eh?

You hear them say it if you listen "Where do they go, never see them digging" Cant remember exact phrase completely but you know a side effect of "JOY" makes you forget.

Ok no way !!! I saw the meat it has a chicken foot lol Why would they eat each other ? I just found some in the nice part of town as well lol Why would they eat people ? They have all the foot they could need... Good guesses tho haha

@FaradaysKeeper: They don't seem to be able to grow any any domesticated animals thanks to a particular Nazi invasion and/or the fog. Uncle Jack also mentions that fish are extremely rare. Having said that, they presumably do have crops somewhere since humans are not a sustainable food source by a long shot. It's possible, though, they eat each other simply to supplement their diet and the alternative is letting all that yummy meat go to waste.

Plot Twist: all dead bodies are cremated, and V-Meat is actually Tofu!!

Chicken, lol nope. Anyone care for a slice of little old lady? Its served w/ side of "JOY"?

V-Meat more like Toe-fu..

iYwOmue.jpg

bpcPvhD.jpg

Sometimes, Arthur comments that, "The fog smells smokier..." Jack also mentions that the Wellington Underground has been sealed off, that there are no secret tunnels, and no mole people, to assure a listener to wrote into his show. That, combined with the Downer remarks "I've never seen them bury them. It's like a big mystery," leads me to believe that corpses are processed or incinerated underground, leading to the foul fog and the prevalence of V-Meat.

Great screenshots @T0bias. Yep. 'tain't natural.

To take the conspiracy a step further, the Occupation Government gives them V-Meat because it sustains them only for as long as necessary. Simply put, the Occupation Government doesn't really care about the lives of the occupied Wellies, but they need them alive long enough to redact as much history as possible. In short, they dope them up enough to let them seal their own fates away in the annals of time. Thus, they won't waste normal resources on them, as they are likely not productive members of whatever external society this Occupiers (presumably the Nazis).

Rather than commit wholesale slaughter of the Wellies, the Occupational Government (represented by Jack Worthing) seeks to quietly eliminate the nuisance that is the Wellies and Downers. They'd let them quite literally eat and metaphorically bury themselves rather than risk high-profile culling. After all, it's not quite the Information Age and this nefarious plot might well work on these procedurally-generated, isolated, island ghettos.

Just my twopence.

@Joes0s , your theory does sound plausible, considering that in Uncle Jack's version of "Red Riding Hood" the very German-accented wolf feeds Red her mother's flesh and blood.

Although, in this case, why would Jack admit it publicly? I doubt that even on Joy Wellies would be big fans of cannibalism.

strange meat looks like its rat or small dog

i'm sure at least one of the other meats is human as there's hardly any agriculture and leaving wellington wells seems to be heavily discouraged. downers aren't imprisoned or executed but they are exiled but not so far that they cant be retrieved.

there is plenty of wastrel talk of not knowing where people are buried and rumours of bodies being dumped into the river. it's possible bodies are being dumped into the sewer system for processing. the people on joy will eat a rat's viscera thinking it's candy so Victory meat and or regular meat could easily be human

My V-Meat has a first name its O. S. C. A...

Well wait now, it could be Victor, Valerie or Vance,

Oh well open a can of V-Meat, take your "JOY" & dance...

V-Meat is murder, Tasty, Tasty murder.

Have you tried V-Meat with a side of "JOY"?

I though it stood for Victory - that era they named everything victory in an effort to keep up morale during such a dreadful time.

Maybe it's "victoriously delicious!"