Sign in to follow this  
islanola

Plague sucks

hey, so i've had three play throughs cut short because of plague. each time somewhere different. it just sucks that there is no cure. the idea of survival exploration is cool and is fun to manage. but when side quests, which make you feel like you're exploring further the world, just cause you to inevitably interact with plagued individuals that ultimately and randomlykill you, you are turned off so quick from the game altogether. dont get me wrong, every play through has lead new places and progressed easier, but it just feels like a countdown to contracting plague. for example, the power station has you jump through hoops of picking locks, building repair kits, and maneuvering through fences combatting squatters to reward you with plague? like wtf! why? is there a cure i don't know about? a gas mask to wear while you clean dirty ponds or explore new areas? this game is great and gets better every time, but its plague mechanic ultimately derails the sense of adventure. i don't know if i'd remove it or offer some elaborate recipe cure. has anyone else experienced/overcome similar issues?

there is a cure you just havent found it yet, need to cross the bridge to get to the area where it can be found in. No matter what gets generated the second set of slums across the bridge has a second safe house, in that safe house are plans to make a cure. save rotten potatoes and needles