Sign in to follow this  
MudLark

Some questions.

Really interesting game! Some questions though:

i. If England was occupied during WW2, what about the rest of the United Kingdom?

ii. 'We Happy Few' is, of course, a quote from Shakespeare's Henry V, notable for featuring the Battle of Agincourt which took place on St. Crispin's Day. Am I right in thinking this has some or a lot of significance?

iii. 1964 was also the year the Doctor Who serial, "The Dalek Invasion of Earth" took place. Coincidence, or an excuse for some gratuitous allusions?

iv. The PC in the early build videos looks a lot like Louis Theroux. Coincidence?

v. Are you fans of Scarfolk Council? Or are you local to

?

I want to sincerely thank you, because for the longest time I was trying to figure out exactly what vibe I was getting from WHF and you've just reminded me that it was straight up 'League of Gentleman'.

and now i'm not unseeing it.

Really interesting game!

So glad you like it!

i. If England was occupied during WW2, what about the rest of the United Kingdom?

You will be able to find that out through maps and other collectibles you can find in the game, and it becomes part of an important conversation between two characters down the road.

ii. 'We Happy Few' is, of course, a quote from Shakespeare's Henry V, notable for featuring the Battle of Agincourt which took place on St. Crispin's Day. Am I right in thinking this has some or a lot of significance?

You are right. There are quite a few quotes and illusions strewn about the game, and most of them have significance.

iii. 1964 was also the year the Doctor Who serial, "The Dalek Invasion of Earth" took place. Coincidence, or an excuse for some gratuitous allusions?

There is at least one rabid Dr. Who fan in the office.

I am sure that the trash cans in Wellington Wells have nothing whatsoever to do with Daleks. Because that would be copyright infringement. We don't believe in copyright infringement. Or the Easter Bunny.

iv. The PC in the early build videos looks a lot like Louis Theroux. Coincidence?

You would have to ask our art director about that, 'cause I inherited him.

v. Are you fans of Scarfolk Council? Or are you local to Royston Vasey?

Now I am. Thank you!

Many thanks for your answers!

You would have to ask our art director about that, 'cause I inherited him.

That must have been one hell of a will reading.