Sign in to follow this  
Naila

What are you playing right now?

I spend a lot of time in FFXIV, mostly. Other than that I've been playing We Happy Few every few nights, and I finished off the Nathan Drake Collection this past week in preparation for Uncharted 4.

I spend a lot of time playing Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm, as well.

@Otherbuttons I've been dying to play Stardew Valley, it's totally my type of game but I don't have a computer at home just a crappy laptop. I think it could run it but I don't enjoy playing on it :(

@Iris_Lockspur How good is Uncharted though? I can't wait for the 4th one.

I've been playing Pikmin 3 lately on the Wii U (Nintendo is having a cool sale on Wii U games, they are around 30$ CAN or 20$ US), it's great but kinda dark. When night falls, if you don't gather all your Pikmins back to the ship, you see them get eaten by creatures :'(

@Naila, I'd been putting off playing it for so long. So I figured it was time to remedy that when I found a bundle deal on a PS4 and the NDC for $290 this past November. I've beaten them all on Hard, now to go back and do it again on Crushing, and while playing as Donut Drake. >:-3

@Iris_lockspur LOL Donut Drake! I had no idea this was possible, that's hilarious.

This week I finished Day of the Tentacle remastered, it was my first time playing it. I enjoyed it but not as much as Full Throttle or Grim Fandango, but probably because I didn't grow up playing it. The characters were great though, as they always tend to be in Lucas Arts games.

For my next game I am still debating between Earthbound on the 3DS, revisit Ocarina of Time or try Unravel

I just played Day of Defeat: Source for the first time in something like 6-8 years. It's still great. Loved it. Crawling under tanks to shoot Germans/Americans in the foot, intense feelings of inadequacy as I get destroyed by people older than me... good times :)

Sooo Earthbound 3DS is for the NEW 3DS, that is some bullshit.

I bought and played Unravel, it was okay. I was a bit bothered by the family and memories theme, I would have preferred a more fantasy adventure for the little yarn man.

I am going back to Rise of the Tomb Raider and probably Left4Dead 2 since it is now backwards compatible on Xbox One.

Oh and can't wait to play the FFXV demo tonight!

@shmerl I finished Firewatch too a while back. I was kinda disappointed. I thought there would be much more to it.

Do you like Shadow Warrior? They had a beautiful booth at PAX this year with a cherry blossom tree in the middle

(I'll update this post with a pic)

I am currently re-playing The Last Of Us on Survival Mode (I started on Grounded but my aim is bad enough with the reticle) while I await the release of Uncharted 4. And doing so rather poorly. I'm pretty much just sneaking about and punching people until they die because I never have ammo to deal with non-Infected enemies.

(Seriously, what's up with that Naughty Dog? Human enemies never drop ammo despite half of them having guns, yet I get ammo from just about every 3rd infected? I can suspend my disbelief for many things, but guns inexplicably disappearing the moment you kill someone carrying one is a bit of a stretch when trying to simulate "scarce ammo". I still love you, though. <3)

@Naila: I also expected more from Firewatch. More than the fact that it was too short, it felt lacking because the story was too linear to my taste. Apparently, dialog choices don't really affect the outcome. But still, the game is original enough.

About Shadow Warrior - I like the remake. They made it old school FPS / hack-n-slash style quite well. I mostly used katana though. And the story was great too. They even managed to turn it from comedy to drama towards the end (if you didn't play the game - I wouldn't spoil it). Soundtrack is also very well done. It's by the same composers who worked on music for the Witcher by the way.

Not to mention, that they released a high quality and very well performing Linux version, DRM-free ;) The main credit for the Linux version here goes to Edward Rudd and Aaron Melcher from Knockout Games.

I hope they'll deliver with the second one as well. Without Hoji it will be harder for them :)

Since I've conquered Survival mode in The Last Of Us, I'm now playing Stories: The Path of Destinies. I heard that the resident narrative director @Alex was the writer for it, and who could pass up another chance to listen to Julian Casey narrate everything you're doing?

I've been playing Ben and Ed, where you play a zombie competing in a game show. It's weird but strangely addicting, probably because I like puzzle and obstacle games.

@shibou This looks awesome and hilarious! Thanks for bringing it to our attention

I'm now replaying Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines (GOG release) and also still in the middle of my first playthrough of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords.

Just started Dark Souls 3 yesterday, didn't play a lot as I started late and I take a lot of time making characters but I can't wait to play more!

Recently I started playing a classic text adventure Nine Princes in Amber (after rereading the books). Kind of fun, especially figuring out what to do using text commands. You can for instance run it in vice, commodore64 emulator. DOSbox is another option.

nine_princes_in_amber_02.gif

Just started Dex (I've been waiting for a while for it). Linux version just came out on GOG.

Fans of cyberpunk shouldn't miss it.

"Join the mafia, meet interesting people! Then, whack 'em."

I've recently been replaying, "Guns, Gore & Cannoli," a clever little beat-'em-up where you make your way through a zombie outbreak set in the Roaring Twenties:

@Horrorshow omg that's hilarious! I am going to try it.

@shmerl It was free on PS+ not long ago, super fun!