Sign in to follow this  
Naila

We Happy Few recommended specs [Updated as of July 2016]

Hello everyone,

Here are the preliminary recommended/minimum specs for We Happy Few. As development progresses, these will go up and down, so please bear in mind that these are temporary :)

Recommended specs:

Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD, 2.5 GHz or faster

Memory: 8 GB RAM

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 660 GTX or AMD Radeon 7870 HD series or higher

DirectX: DirectX 11, Shader Model 5

Operating System: 64 bit, Windows 7 and above

Minimum specs:

Processor: Triple-core Intel or AMD, 2.0 GHz or faster

Memory: 8 GB RAM

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 460 GTX or AMD Radeon 5870 HD series or higher

Mobile: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580M or higher.

DirectX: DirectX 11, Shader Model 4

*Graphics card hierarchy can be pretty confusing. In order to determine whether your graphics card meets the minimum requirements, please visit http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/ and search for your card. Anything with a score of 1200 or higher can be considered above the "minimum specifications" for graphics cards for We Happy Few.

Last updated: 13 July 2016

• Like 1

Guess I'm looking into a gaming PC in the future. @o@

My partner's PC has a 2.4 GHz Quad-Core and runs it on top graphics, so I know it's like one teensy bit off, but a note that it works perfect on that too. ♥

Question: I don't know what optimization entails, but are there any specs you know will simply never work?

I saw someone mention they had a 32 bit processor in the Bugs section only to be told Unreal Engine 4 does not support 32 bit, and so basically the game engine itself ensures that no matter what your other specs the game simply won't work. Is this the only confirmed built-in limitation to system requirements?

Currently (July 11, for anyone wondering) I saw a lot of 4 GB being reported as too little memory. It does work, albeit jerkily, on my 6 GB, but I'm under the impression that this is more attributable to my AMD Radeon HD 8650G graphics card. However, I'm given to understand the minimum requirements will fluctuate as the game continues to improve.

@SyAlmans Yes. 32 bit is definitely out, and UE4 does have some reasonable requirements.

The game itself requires 3GB RAM right now, so any machine with 3GB or less will not run the game. 4GB might, if you meet the CPU/GPU requirements and don't run anything else on the PC. You'll need to close every process that isn't Windows related, potentially including Steam itself (you should try running the game directly from the .exe on your hard drive, once you have installed it through Steam).

Edit: we've just added minimum specs above. Basically, anything under 6GB is going to have trouble, so we've placed the min spec at 6GB. For graphics cards, make sure to check out http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/ to check where your card sits. Anything with a score of 1200 or higher can be considered above the "minimum specifications" for graphics cards.

Thought you might like to know that my lower spec PC seems to be doing fine on version 6 (10162)

I was afraid that I might not be able to run version 6 from the specs recommended, but except for a big of stuttering in the sound of Uncle Jack at the start while the game was loading, everything has been good.

For info, my specs are as follows:

64 bit

Processor: Intel Core i.5 (Sandybridge) 650 @ 3.2 Ghz

Memory: 4 Gb

Video Card: NVidia GeForce GT 440 v. 311.06

I have 2 hard drives - C drive has 99.5 Gb free of 223 Gb (I assume that my other hard drive won't be relevant - yes?)

So I thought you might find this useful to know that except for the one glitch, it is working fine on these specs.

Adding to lower end that works, except for a hiccup (it is that fast) on Uncle Jack's intro at starting a new game. I have commandeered the housemate's machine, so I don't poke around too much.

I did update the graphics driver as they had an update available lsst month: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 version 353.30

Running Windows 7 Ultimate w/service pack 1

Processor: Intel Core i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30 GHz and 4GB of installed RAM

it's a 64-bit OS

I have to let the world load up a few seconds before trying to move, but once established, it's pretty smooth. I've only had one crash on day 1 or 2 after the key codes went out, and that was prior to my updating the driver.

I'll be buying s new machine sometime before January, so I'm really happy the game runs well on the housemate's machine or I'd be awful down about not being able to jump in and join the fun!

Great experiences so far, thanks for all the work and community involvement!

Random question: Are tech specs usually equivalent between PC/Mac? The score the graphics card you listed is higher than the score of the highest end iMac's graphics card...

/woe is my little Macbook Air.

Well, I guess I won't be able to play this anymore as I watch the minimum specs climb past what my PC is capable of, and it's not going to be on the console I own.

So my specs are: (Alienware Alpha)

Intel Core i3-4130T @2.90GHz

8GB Ram

Nvidia GPU 2.0GB

1TB Hybrid Drive

I have my settings at medium and I get on average 45-50 fps dipping down to the low 30's if its foggy with a lot of action. Still playable just will get some drops here and there but I feel like that will only improve with optimization and such.

i meet all the requisites but the ram, i have 4 gb of ram

I honestly dont know why this game has a so high requirement when i cna run skyrim on high no problem