Sign in to follow this  
Sam

Kickstarter updates - what would you like to see?

Hi everyone!

We've had a few people asking for more updates over on Kickstarter, so we're going to start updating more frequently.

We'll probably do in-depth looks at various parts of the game, like a new alarm system we're putting in, how we created the Wellies, etc, but Naila and I wanted to know: what would you guys like to see? It'd be great if we could actually answer some direct questions as well as just ramble about stuff that we think is interesting :)

What about rejected or early-stage concepts for gameplay and story elements? I know the storylines will be withheld until release, but the evolution of certain ideas and mechanics seem safe to explore.

[whispers] all of the concept art

Anything early-stage design would be amazing, perhaps even something into the research that's being made? As someone who wants to be a concept artist, seeing the in-depth design process would be wonders. Only problem is it might only appeal to the designers following hmm.

I'll forever say 'more on the characters' but I know y'all are keeping that under wraps. ;u;

I personally would like to see stuff about the devs at Compulsion. Like their backgrounds, or workflow, or anything really.

(I apologize for bumping an old thread)

Better to bump an old thread than to make a new one with similar subject matter @Fwiller It's hard to consistently show new things about a game so early in development, but its always fun to see the development process. I think all the ideas here are great. How easy will it be to make mods for We Happy Few? Or talk about what you want to see out of the community and how you're going to aid in the community's development. WHF seems like the perfect game to support a long life for the community and community content.

I think an update containing things like Wallpapers and Icons would be a good idea as well. It's a nice way to decorate your Computer, Phone, Kickstarter page etc. As well as a nice way to build hype.

"Hey, where'd you get that cool background?" or "What's We Happy Few?" Might be questions that arise when you've oh so joyously plastered the game over your products. I know it's happening on my phone right now with Fallout 4, I'd love to replace it with a nice We Happy few background.

@Alianin thank you! We're very pleased, as you might imagine :)

@BeyondSpectrality nice idea - @Naila and I will look into it!

I would like to see something that allows your stamina to not deplete for a certain amount of time, like an Adrenaline Shot or something like that. The effect of this could be that you could travel long distances without having to regain your stamina or being able to fight a group of people at once. Either way, this item could be helpful. I also would like to see a hats or masks slot, or the ability to have a pet or companion. Hopefully one of these ideas help. Still, I wish you guys the best of luck with this fabulous project! I know this project will become a successful game and that you guys will reach the stretch goals no problem.