Sign in to follow this  
Gutierrez915

What other artistic works have influenced WHF's world?

Hello

Like most people on this forum, I love the dystopian world being created with this game, and I can see that the narrative and gameplay work hand in hand to create a fresh, original experience. I am curious as to what films, literature, or even other games have influenced WHF. I ask this as a question to the devs, but to anyone on this forum reading this I ask, what works does WHF remind you guys of?

This got answered a couple of times over on the Reddit AMA if that helps?

Here & here.

I always get Hot Fuzz vibes but I think that's just Utopia/Dystopia set in a perfect British village.

I get Coraline vibes in there too, but that's- again- the Utopia/Dystopia uncanny valley thing going on with added 'reassuring over-seeing force that has tabs on everyone and will probably get angry if you don't comply'. With Coraline and WHF I think there's an underlying unnerving factor in there with the face masks that always reminds me of the feeling people often get from the buttons, so that might be a part of why I keep linking it in mind. But it's a generalization/trope thing more than the actual design.

And of course in the most basic of basics: Alice in Wonderland. Being in England and thrown into a place like your own but with different logic and everyone's off-their-face nuts. Also the fact that half of them are shouting 'Time for Tea' and there are mushrooms are bloody everywhere.