Sign in to follow this  
xJoshPointOh

WHF Xbox One Game Preview Feedback and Bug Report

@xJoshPointOh As many of these have been fixed, you may want to wait until the next update is available before reporting more bugs - it will say version 29020 on the main screen :) That should come to Xbox One within the next couple of days.

@Sam That is very exciting news, as I had another bit of a list to add to my post (about 9 more glitches, on top of the 12 already posted...haha...I actually love testing new games and finding the glitches and such. It makes me feel more productive as a gamer, lol), but I will wait now until the new version comes out, and try them all out. Cheers.

@xJoshPointOh You should assume that save data will be compatible between versions, at least until we say otherwise.

In this case, the save data might carry across okay, but I would recommend starting a new game. It's almost impossible to fully test save compatibility across versions because of the huge number of possible save points.

@Sam Thank you for the suggestion, I will be doing that.

A few final questions: Are there a certain areas of the game that needs more testing than others? Like is there an area that we should focus on finding bugs? Lastly, is there anything we could do to improve our feedback to make things easier for you?

@xJoshPointOh Not right now :) Specific area feedback is helpful, but we'll always be more interested in the feedback on new stuff and on global things like "does the progression feel good", "is the easy difficulty too easy/too hard" (once we implement difficulty settings). Basically, giving us regular feedback with new updates is all we can really ask for.

@Azketta That should say version 29020. Which platform are you playing on? (And if PC, is this through GOG or Steam?)

@sam I'm on Xbox one, and the alpha version shows as 28977 not 29020, but the noted changes y'all have posted are there. Curious if others are having some of the extreme glitches I've been having though.

The one that makes the biggest difference is that a lot of the Wastrel are clipping into furniture (especially the middle of beds) and hanging up on voice overs. They'll say the first second or two then start a different line then another and another. So far it out lyrics happens when they're angry at me for being in their house. It doesn't happen when I talk to them or if they're angry with me outside the house.

@Azketta After the update my my Xbox One Game Preivew is now designated as, "Gameplay Alpha v28977" on the title screen. Here begins goes a new game. Also, I hope that (at)Sam and (at)sam are the same.

Due to lack of difficulty I cannot fully address this issue but hunger to available food/food poisoning cure makes the game seem like Hobo Simulator 2016: The Real Hunger Games. This is not meant to be an insult, this is meant to say that it feels like a game more about finding food than anything else.

Prologue:

The "Approved" symbol appears on the newspaper clip that triggers the choice to take your joy or remember. After holding X to remember it appears.

The approved symbol appears on the first news paper clipping in Clive's office.

The approved symbol appears on the first news paper clipping in Pru's office as well.

Noted changes:

You can see the road now when you look down from the window where the projector is projecting. Glad to see that was fixed :).

The flashing of the empty power cells is a nice touch.

The new personal safe location is great.

The hung dead lady area is completely gone.

I am now unsure if the first time I played I did what I was supposed to after paying the honesy to go across the toll bridge, I was unable to just walk back through...but there was an area I was able to jump to then jump over to the booth, kill the guy and then the bridge stayed open indefinitely. Now that jumping piece is gone. I've tried taking a running leap a ton of times but can't get into the tower. The other bridge is the one I got stuck in before so I guess I'm unsure if I'm supposed to try and go through that other bridge now...or there's a trick to getting into the toll booth again

@Azketta The little platform in the middle of the honey bridge was removed, it was placed there by mistake :)

There is another way to get across though :)

It might still be acting weird then. Not sure how it's supposed to work but I kept trying to jump across until morning when he just randomly opened the gate for me. So that's good... I still want to get back up to the booth though lol