Sign in to follow this  
Saturnine_Ace

Quest Glitches (8/1/2016)

TTA : Quest Glitches (8/1/2016)

Post Any Quest Glitches in this thread. Are your quests not ending, maybe they show up on the map after they are finished. Is your game bugging out when you finish a quest or try to talk to an NPC? Any quest specific glitches can be posted here.

Spy Quest

7/31/16

Problem : After getting the doll and returning to our friend in the tree house, the game crashed at the point when I tried to give him a Med Kit.

Fix : I rebooted WHF and continued the game which reloaded at the checkpoint in the Doll House, finished the quest like normal, no problem.

Joy Tree Ghost

8/1/16 (1:00 am)

Problem : The Ghost doesn't move. Also, it remains visible once joy wears off, don't know if this is a bug or a part of the game.

Fix : Going to try again with a new playthrough.

If you give a pig a pancake.

7/31/16 5:00pm - 8/1/16 1:00am

Problem : I accidentally choked out the poor vomiting chap whilst trying to give him a pill. Later when I returned the give pill prompt was gone. The quest was still active, he was still vomiting. Later when I returned at 1:00 am the prompt to speak with him was gone as well. Quest remained active until character death at 1:45am due to dehydration.

Fix : Going to reboot game, start a new playthrough.

Traps

Quest : Mine, all Mine!!!

7/31/16 2:00 through 8/1/16

During my first playthrough I disarmed the traps with rocks. After waiting a day and returning to the house the traps appeared to have been reset, but when my character walked through the "trip wires" the mines didn't go off. I did notice that there were no explosive charges attached to the trip wires.

During my second playthrough I disarmed the mines with glass bottles. After 24 hours I returned and the traps appeared reset. This time, unlike the first playthrough, I noticed that the explosive charges appeared reset as well. I tried disarming one with a rock first, then again with another rock, and twice more with glass bottles, each time aiming directly at the explosive charge. When nothing happened to the trap I attempted to walk through the tripwires as I had done on my previous playthrough with this particular glitch however this time the trap detonated.

As I progressed through the area I noticed that some traps would detonate and others would not, allowing me to pass through them with no collision detection and would remain on screen.

Ideas : Something wrong with collision detection or maybe values.

Fix : Reboot and do new playthrough.

Bloody Map

Problem : During second playthrough I discovered the map for the first time. The dig spot at the Celtic Tombstone cannot be dug up, there is a dig spot floating shovel marker but no dig prompt appears when you attempt to dig.

Ideas : Probably a narrative secret, but felt worth mentioning.

Fix : Going to try again with new playthrough.

General Quest Issue

Quest tracking and waypoint markers.

8/1/16

There is a direction dial at the top of the hub and location markers appear upon approaching them. Also you can track see quest markers for some of the quests on the in game map. There is at this point no way of tracking quests. I would like to be able to track side quests and see objective markers on my heads up display. Also, it would be nice to see ALL quest markers on the in game map. Another thing, it would be nice to set waypoints to mark certain locations.

First Marriage

Problem: After completing the quest the marker remained on the map and when I talked to the man again, who had wandered off into town, he got back on the floor in the wounded position and thanked me as though I had just completed the quest again. This happening every time I talk to him. He also permanently has a suspicion meter above his head, its always there so I can pick him out when hes in the town. He was like that before I even started the quest. The quest was marked as complete though and I did collect the reward.

-Quest: Crazy Legs

Problem: Incapacitated Eric Liddell at same time as receiving objective. Did not register as objective completed and quest was not able to be finished.

Fix: New play-through reset the quest.

-I've also been having troubles giving people items that are in my inventory, whether it's for a quest or a random wastrel. (Won't register that I've acquired the item and have it on me.)

-Quest: Mushroom Log

Problem: Cannot collect mushrooms even though they are present.

More often then not :|

The quest The Altar of the Yam: I'm not able to pick up the book or the Yam. No option to even do so.

Where's the power? Quest: not able to rescue Ralph from the mob. He just stands there even after getting rid of the mob.

Playing on Xbox One.

Hey guys. I have a major glitch happening in faradays lab. I have flicked the switch upstairs to open the door to the lab beside it and then it says to talk to the lady in there byt she does not appear. Even after saving outside the gate and reloading. Anyone else experiencing this? Need to get in there to get the code to escape!

Mushroom Log - doesn't give credit sometimes when there are mushrooms and sometimes there aren't any at all (PC)

General - completing quests and they respawn later. Also, quest markers for some quests not appearing on map. Once this is rectified, perhaps since all the quest markers are black, make the active quest a different color to make it easier to find.