Sign in to follow this  
tec

Map request

Please can place names be added to the map. I don't know which place I am in and so when a quest mentions an item could be found in a certain location I don't know which area to look in . eg; Luds Holm, Hamlyn etc

• Like 1

I agree with H4llows & tec - the individual islands should have name text and it would be nice be able to set custom waypoints (possibly with custom text).

HOWEVER, I don't know tricky that would be to implement this late into the design phase.

We should also keep in consideration that it's still alpha, and that I don't know how difficult it would be to implement this. The text name of the islands sounds relatively easy, waypoints feels much more complex - but I haven't worked with UE4 in depth like that, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

The Map really needs work, a lot of it. Completed quests are still showing while new ones are not (where is the point in that?) and the option to make notes on the map should be really a thing in a procedurally generated game.

I wanted to give this a bump. Quests still not showing on the map, dead quests still showing, etc., etc. Please, fix these along with the gamebreakers soon.

Also: the quest log. "Get some motilene" is not really helpful alongside with some jumbled thoughts and useless rambling, without any quest marker or whatsoever. I mean, in this game it's not like you can normally talk to people or the quest givers want to elabourate the given tasks.

@Iothil Back in my day we had to read up the lore on the game manual, or the quests might not make much sense at all. Many games did not tell us what to do whatsoever. So its funny when someone says "the npc told me what to do, but it doesnt help" haha. I dont mean to make fun of you in any way, it just gave me a genuine laugh.

Also, i havent tried the community patch yet, but its up for PC and its supposed to adress many of these issues. Havent you read up on the changes ?

If youre on xbox, its up in a couple of days if im not mistaken.

Back in my day we had to read up the lore on the game manual, or the quests might not make much sense at all. Many games did not tell us what to do whatsoever. So its funny when someone says "the npc told me what to do, but it doesnt help" haha. I dont mean to make fun of you in any way, it just gave me a genuine laugh.

I actually sort of want to have a "Old School Mode" which disables a lot of the assist currently available in the game. Instead of having map markers, you'd have to figure out where to go for a given quest.

But the current half-half situation isn't acceptable. What markers we have should be responsive and update properly with quests. That is the main focus of this coming update, along with quests breaking outright. There should already be a distinct improvement on the preview update. We have more fixes prepared but decided not to trigger another 1-2GB preview update, so they'll come in the actual "live" update.

@fromthewoods I am not complaining about old school mode, I was complaining about the fact, that you neither had the option to make notes, half the "hints" are straight out useless and the map in terms of what is and what is not shown is entirely arbitrary. Your argument is nice, but not really saying anything in conjunction with mine. Does not matter anyway, as it has been fixed by now.

Lots of thanks to the devs, keep it up!