Sign in to follow this  
jessicamariedee

Sneaky Kindness/Secondary Action

Have the sneaky kindness actions (waving, bench chilling) been implemented in the current build? Is this the intended function of "Secondary Action"? I haven't seen much of a purpose for Secondary Action-- I played the build for several hours last night (I made it to Day 5, cleared the butcher shop and got the multi-tool) and was curious if I could wave at those nosey old ladies yet.

Also: kudos to whoever animated their adorable little shuffling feet. I cracked up when I saw her coming at me... so cute, so deadly.

Occasionally if something starts it gives you the option to defuse the situation, which involves waving. I think it was Josh who used it in the stream last night, but I don't know if that was just their build or not.

i've just realized i forgot the secondary action exists and i have no clue what it does whoops

Some items in the world will have more than one possible interaction, for instance you can use pumps or sinks to both drink directly or fill bottles in your inventory. When a secondary interaction is available, it will clearly be indicated on the HUD along with the proper key, so don't worry about it!

NPC greetings are finnicky in the build, I've removed most restrictions so you can just wave around at people nilly willy. That will be tuned before it's released, however, because the suspicion reduction effect is a bit strong.

Thanks, Camille!

That makes a lot of sense. I was able to reduce some suspicion in my last playthrough. It turns out that I was running chicken too quick, and noping out of NPC contact too quick to initiate "Defuse Situation". I'm now waving, reading newspapers and chilling on benches like a boss.