Sign in to follow this  
jrex

Myserious Chest, mysterious behavior?

This is on PC.

I had an odd experience with the Mysterious Chest. When I first encountered it, I picked its lock right away, but I did not get the option to search it at all. I was not able to pick up the papers in front of it, either. Once I picked the lock, the chest had no collision and I could crouch down standing in it and see inside (there was nothing to see in there, but it was fun anyway). I went back several times after sleeping, saving, messing around, waiting days, all to the same results.

Then after I relogged - which happened to be right when an **update** occurred, so that could have affected this) I WAS able to open the chest! I can't remember exactly what I got from it, but it didn't seem like any kind of awesome special loot or quest item or anything, though I'm not sure what is supposed to come out of it. I was still (and am still forever) NOT able to pick up the papers there, though.

Just thought yall should know! Thanks for the great game. I really enjoy everything about it so far. The graphics are gorgeous, the story is unique, the gameplay is really fun (though it feels to me like hunger depletes a little too fast maybe), and the quests are interesting and engaging. Yall have done a fantastic job so far, and I can't wait to see where it goes!! <3

I think the paper is just decoration. I can't pick it up either. I encountered the problem, that the chest is always open and always empty. After I opened it and it exploded, it doesn't seem to give me new stuff every day. The quest doesn't finish tho, the game is always telling me to check out the mystery box.

Ahhhh, for me it never exploded. I can only assume that's because it was broken then fixed, maybe? I have never been able to open it again after that first time when I relogged either. All wonky for me, lol.

For me the papers were not just decoration, I was able to pick them up twice: they were two "pagan prayers" which don't seem to make much sense (maybe there's a hidden message, idk). As for the chest, I lockpicked it and got common items like metal bits and things like that, but like in Josilix's case nothing on the next days, although the quest still isn't marked finished in my journal.

I play on XBOX One and experience a similar glitch. I used the mysterious chest twice, but when I got the not saying something about the offering being a crafting recipe, the chest would not open. The chest did not reset the next day and stayed closed the rest of that playthrough, but on my next playthrough, it was working again. Maybe its a glitch, or maybe it is hidden in game stuff we aren't allowed to see yet.