Sign in to follow this  
Kala_Chess

71 days in - Faraday won't speak to me.

SO. I lost the parts vacuum while running from a mob. Faraday is still in her room, but no sound dialog happens. I have the bucket full of molutine for her but I am unable to do anything else. I've run out of food as it is in the three zones I can visit - seems its restart time. Also a safe bet she seems to be bugged - as well as James. Anyone got a work around to this quest chain? Or is it simply don't get attacked once you get the vacuum?

Are things supposed to vanish from our inventory when we are assaulted in to black out? It was a good run.

2CEF95ABFF7B6F7C76990DE97817A6BAAF626EA0

• Like 1

When you really die and your stats reset it says what you lost briefly when you come to.

I really feel (also read) the game was initially developed as a you die you lose. Perhaps you should have died and retried for a less f***ed game. I have kinda run into the same issue and am on day 20 and think I should just start a new game because I can't harvest parts for feraday.

That was the weird thing is I learned about the loosing parts from my inventory as a penalty. I was willing to take is since this is alpha and testing. I want to keep pushing the games I start till I hit a wall.

The vacuum was an item that I didn't see come up in the list of items I "lost". I think it may be something that needs to be done where quest items like the vacuum - at least while you are on the Faraday quest chain - can't vanish or you have the means to get another one from her or the pawn guy. I know its an incentive to keep you from "dying" but when it stops all game progress and requires you to start over it can be discouraging to gamers who may not be as used to Alpha/beta feedback game play like I am. Its annoying to me, but its part of the process. If this was a feature to go live - I would hope there would be implemented another way to get the vacuum or be able to build it once you received it so that a death loss doesn't force you to restart. Her quest is kinda far in depending on your RNG build you get.