Sign in to follow this  
Kypdurron

Find an Ephemeral linen in the Mystery house

By the time you do manage to work out that the house isn't near by, and is actually in a different district.

After 3 attempts I started to worry, as I didn't realise that I couldn't get seen, and its a instant teleport to safe house. my second attempt i managed to take down everyone, and grabbed nearly ALL the linen, and then teleported back to safe house like i was seen, but no one was there, only then realizing that it might be because its now day time. After this time, having collected all the linen, i went to turn in the quest, only then realizing it was taken out of my inventory completely when i was teleported.

Nearly made me quit completely at the thought of having to start again from scratch. Upon returning to the house I was worried as none of the linen returned meaning its finite.

If i had managed to grab all of it the first time, I would never be able to progress the mission. i managed to find 1 piece, and explored more, and then realising there is a time factor after being teleported back to safe house, and one less linen.

So very short time, and a lot of trial and error nearly killed this mission. (I have made another post about time/food/drink), but given 1sec (real) = 1min (game) meaning you get about 7min to loot the house on a good run. and I wasn't game to try to see if the linen was safe in my inventory if i had safely left the house and morning ticked over else where, I made a bee line to hand in the quest to be done with it.

• Like 1

I kept running out of joy during this mission because of how many playthroughs it required. Ended up buying the ephemeral linens in Wellington becasue they dissapeared from my inventory after failing the quest over and over.

Strange, I finished this quest first time with no issues. Actually, come to think of it I went in the house before the quest asked me to, and I had collected all the ephemeral linen so maybe that made a difference.

@Tec - Is very lucky to get it safely first go, was watching cohhcarnage play it, and he ended up doing the exact same thing i did.

But wasn't aware of being able to buy it later, I unlock the area to go to the zone where im guessing you can buy it, but the game kept crashing after loading a saved game, to the point its not really playable anymore so have started again.

I have the worst outcome issue with this quest - I got in, collected all the ephemeral linen I could find, then screwed up on my way out having not really twigged there was a time limit. Now none of the linen respawns and I can't find more! Alas, the poor crazy man will have to go without in this playthrough. Hopefully they make at least some of the linen respawn in a later build!

lol! The house is in a different district?! Good thing i didn´t spend a long time trying to find it. Spent two nights trying to find it, roaming around really high, then moved on. Bought the game yesterday, but stayed 12hrs on it, did a lot of quests. It just doesn´t seem like its time to spend time with quests yet, even the ones needed to progress can bug very easily. All quests behave weirdly still.