Sign in to follow this  
Naila

Kickstarter date: June 4th!

Hello everyone!

If you follow us on twitter/facebook, you may have noticed that we're going to start our Kickstarter campaign on June 4th!

AZjM103.jpg

Exciting times!

Just to add to this...

We've been planning this Kickstarter for a long time, and we're really excited/nervous about it. We have a bunch of hopefully cool things to show you when the page goes live, that we've been working on behind the scenes. We've also taken a lot of your ideas about reward tiers and stretch goals, and have worked them into our campaign plan. However, we are going to keep them quiet for now, so they can be a surprise when the page goes live. We like surprises.

We'd love your help to spread the word when the time comes - the first day of a Kickstarter campaign is the most crucial. Until then, we've got a big week in store next week for our PAX players, the art contest is going on and we're starting to see some replies, and we're working on our weekly update for tomorrow :)

So I think what I'd like to do is start off a twitch channel streaming pretty much exclusively this game come probably June 5th. I've never seriously streamed before, but for a long time I've thought I'd be able to do a good job, and I want to give you guys some showtime on twitch. I plan on doing the best I can with this, I'd like to know what you guys think of it when it comes out.

Super excited for you guys! In the meantime I have to upgrade my internet speed and maybe computer :P AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

@lucigen let us know when you're streaming, and we'll very happily come by :) The great thing about streaming is that it's awesome feedback for us.

So, should be fun when we get started. It's looking like the 5th will be the date we say "okay, go for gold", but will confirm once we've decided.

Hell yes, count me in on this. 3 Days is when my payday rolls around, so it'll be perfect timing to pitch in some money for this.

I found your campaign, but it's unclear about what PC operating systems you plan to support:

Do you plan a Linux release? Current tiers' descriptions just say "PC" which is ambiguous.

We can say that at the moment the game is PC only, as we are focusing development on PC and cannot confirm otherwise. However, for those of you who saw the kickstarter live stream that @Josh hosted like a boss (except that moment), we are supporting controllers as well (we were playing on a Xone gamepad). :)

That said, we would certainly like to release WHF on multiple systems. But that's still way down the road.

from the FAQ on the kickstarter page!

"We plan on releasing on PC, Mac and Linux. We’ll launch on PC first, with a simultaneous Mac and Linux release as a stretch goal.

We plan to come to consoles after launch, but we want to focus on the PC version for now.

We’re likely to launch first on Early Access, on Steam. However, the more successful this campaign is, the longer we’ll be able to continue working with our pre-alpha players, and potentially not launch on Early Access at all."

We plan on releasing on PC, Mac and Linux. We’ll launch on PC first, with a simultaneous Mac and Linux release as a stretch goal.

What exactly is this stretch goal? I didn't see this detail in the actual campaign. Since I'm a Linux user, should I support it only if the stretch goal is reached, or I can support first and cancel the pledge if the stretch goal is not reached? I'd rather prefer you included it in the base goal of course to avoid this confusion.

Also, can you please fix the description of tiers? PC is a hardware platform, not an operating system, and PC ≠Windows, since Linux and OS X also run on the same PC hardware. So when you say PC, it can mean anything.

Hey guys - sorry about the FAQ, it's actually a bit inconsistent and very confusing. I clarified the FAQ, that's my mistake, and I apologise.

Right now we're not committing to linux, mac, or consoles, for reasons I can't yet explain. I know that sucks as an answer, but believe me, I would if I could.

@shmerl, I sent you a private message explaining a bit more about the situation. Hope it makes sense.