Sign in to follow this  
Meatbath

Requesting a Developer Response ASAP

I sent an extended version of this exact message to Clement directly, although I know they're one person and might be a bit overwhelmed. I hate to seem impatient, but I just need a simple answer to a single question before I get lost in hours of mechanic experiments aimed at answering it myself.

I've noticed inconsistencies in the rate each survival stat appears to degrade from one situation to the next, so I'm on task to find out if there is a more complex mechanic at work than we all are currently acknowledging. I won't get into the particulars of it, but the plan is to run experiments, note the data and post it on forum, either putting the idea to rest for good or figuring out the best way to approach the system as a group, effectively making the feedback generated by the system more constructive for you folks.

Really though, if you just outright told me if there was a more complex system at work within the survival mechanic, I'd know immediately if it was worth running experiments to outline them and consequently save me a ridiculous amount of time. I don't even want the details per-say. I just want to know if eating, drinking, physical exertion, ingestion frequency, food quality , action/inaction and/or carry weight can have varying effects on degradation rates.

When anything is possible, everything is worth testing, so I'm looking at some serious time invested. I don't even really need a complex response. Just enough to know if the system warrants looking into further.

I'm happy to take it from there.

Thank you for your time regardless

Sleep/Fatigue runs at a different depletion percentage rate than Food and Drink. Fighting, running, jumping and other physical exerting tasks also causes Fatigue to drop quicker. There's not a weight system, so having a full inventory doesn't do anything to fatigue.

Joy is a bit tricky, however. You have to be careful with it. Using it will deplete your needs as you come off it, and the more you take the more severe the penalty is for coming back down. The more often you take Joy, the higher your chances of overdosing become.

Rotten foods have the chance of causing food poisoning, and I think it causes hunger depletion while also the chance of infection and injury depending on how severe the poisoning is.

I appreciate the response, Iris, although aside from the carry weight comment, the points you've outlined are ones I've noted myself. I should have made a point to clarify what we've all come to think of as the established definites of the system right now.

Also, while I didn't include the drug effect possibilities in the post, the drugs I'm aware of are on the variables list I'd planned on testing.

I was forwarded your message to Clement -- but it seems as though @Iris_Lockspur already has most bases covered.

Off the top of my head, running out of stamina doubles hunger and thirst rates until it goes back over 20%.

Mild Joy reduces hunger and thirst rates by 50% and increases to 100% (no thirst or hunger) at higher tiers as you take more Joy. But the crash will always deplete 1.5x more hunger and thirst than you should've had if you had not taken Joy.

There are no other variables at play that I can think of at this time.

Excellent. Thank you for getting back to me. I more than appreciate you saving me the time.

Also, I had no idea about full stamina depletion triggering a hunger and thirst rate multiplier. Never even considered the possibility.

Might have to post this stuff in it's own thread.

Either way, I'm glad to have something carved in stone.

Thank you both again.

Also, I had no idea about full stamina depletion triggering a hunger and thirst rate multiplier.

It's just a more technical way of saying "Fighting, running, jumping and other physical exerting tasks also causes Fatigue to drop quicker." ;)

It's just a more technical way of saying "Fighting, running, jumping and other physical exerting tasks also causes Fatigue to drop quicker."
;)

lol, yeah, you're right. I can ease off. Been going at this pretty hard for a few hours now and my dial was still set to Spock.

Just trying to avoid confusing folks by being vague or inconsistent, you know. Forum folk can be a bloodthirsty lot.