Guest WeIrritatedFew

Missing Future Perfect

Guest WeIrritatedFew

Hello, 

I am playing on the ps4 with build v1.3.70168. After going through a large part of the Parade District(and killing a bunch of dudes in the Arkwright building while finding parts for the machines there) the quest 'Future Perfect' hasn't come up. I've long encountered the cut scene with the woman and the doctor and disabled the big robot lady. I don't know what else to do and I dread starting completely over. Can anyone help?

Hello there,
I have a few questions for you that should help us troubleshoot this.
Are you capable of sharing a screenshot of your quest journal? In order to access the Department of Scientific Research you need to have Future Perfect quest unlocked, and I believe you did because one of the objectives is to find parts for the machines on the main floor, is it possible that you have completed the mission already? Do you have a quest called "A Malpractice of Doctors"? Perhaps the quests is simply untracked in your journal?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.
-Laura

(In the meantime I'll leave you with a video of a playthrough of this mission in case you got stuck somewhere.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn4jMx41-VE

Guest WeIrritatedFew
On 9/6/2018 at 1:35 PM, Lawrah said:

Hello there,
I have a few questions for you that should help us troubleshoot this.
Are you capable of sharing a screenshot of your quest journal? In order to access the Department of Scientific Research you need to have Future Perfect quest unlocked, and I believe you did because one of the objectives is to find parts for the machines on the main floor, is it possible that you have completed the mission already? Do you have a quest called "A Malpractice of Doctors"? Perhaps the quests is simply untracked in your journal?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.
-Laura

(In the meantime I'll leave you with a video of a playthrough of this mission in case you got stuck somewhere.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn4jMx41-VE

Did you receive the screenshot?

Hi there,

This is a known issue where under rare circumstances the conversation which starts the Future Perfect quest doesn't trigger the quest correctly.

This issue is fixed in the upcoming v1.4 patch, however the fix is not retroactive. If you do not have the quest and are unable to progress inside the Arkwright building, then unfortunately you will have to load a previous save or start a new game. There is currently no workaround on PS4 or Xbox One as those platforms do not have access to the command console. I'm sorry to have to tell you this.

We're aiming to release v1.4 later this week or early next week, however we don't have an exact date just yet.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this causes.

Cheers,

Lee

Guest WeIrritatedFew
On 9/10/2018 at 3:25 PM, Lee said:

Hi there,

This is a known issue where under rare circumstances the conversation which starts the Future Perfect quest doesn't trigger the quest correctly.

This issue is fixed in the upcoming v1.4 patch, however the fix is not retroactive. If you do not have the quest and are unable to progress inside the Arkwright building, then unfortunately you will have to load a previous save or start a new game. There is currently no workaround on PS4 or Xbox One as those platforms do not have access to the command console. I'm sorry to have to tell you this.

We're aiming to release v1.4 later this week or early next week, however we don't have an exact date just yet.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this causes.

Cheers,

Lee

Would you happen to know if there will ever be a patch for my issue without making a completely new save?

On 9/28/2018 at 10:15 PM, Guest WeIrritatedFew said:

Would you happen to know if there will ever be a patch for my issue without making a completely new save?

We released v1.4 on Tuesday last week.

If the NPCs who trigger the quest (the Doctor and the Wellette) are still alive in your game, then the patch should fix your save game and you should be able to trigger the quest. If not, then unfortunately you will have to load an earlier save, before exiting Hostile Takeover, or start a new game. I'm sorry to have to tell you this. 

There is a video here showing when the quest should normally trigger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn4jMx41-VE

In your save game, you will first want to try walking through the doors and triggering the conversation that happens at the beginning of the video. If the NPCs are still present in the world, then the conversation should trigger. If not, then I'm afraid the quest will not trigger on that save game.

Cheers,

Lee

Guest WeIrritatedFew
9 hours ago, Lee said:

We released v1.4 on Tuesday last week.

If the NPCs who trigger the quest (the Doctor and the Wellette) are still alive in your game, then the patch should fix your save game and you should be able to trigger the quest. If not, then unfortunately you will have to load an earlier save, before exiting Hostile Takeover, or start a new game. I'm sorry to have to tell you this. 

There is a video here showing when the quest should normally trigger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn4jMx41-VE

In your save game, you will first want to try walking through the doors and triggering the conversation that happens at the beginning of the video. If the NPCs are still present in the world, then the conversation should trigger. If not, then I'm afraid the quest will not trigger on that save game.

Cheers,

Lee

How would I know whether those characters are still alive?

15 hours ago, Guest WeIrritatedFew said:

How would I know whether those characters are still alive?

They would be standing around the Hostile Takeover exit, however they could be hard to spot among the other systemic NPCs. 

If you walk through the Hostile Takeover exit again and the conversation triggers, then they are still alive. If the conversation doesn't trigger, then I'm afraid the Future Perfect quest will not trigger on that save file.

Cheers,

Lee