Sign in to follow this  
Kala_Chess

Can't give things to wastrels?

So there are a few quests I think are bugged for me - today on my refreshed load up I had the Poisoned wastrel quest generate, despite having enough pills I am unable to give him one. I had this problem with To Give a Pig a pancake yesterday as well.

I've had this same issue with giving bandages to wastrels who come beg for one - but I'm able to give water and healing balm to them? Seems like a weird bug that a few items won't let me give items to wastrels.

• Like 1

I ran a new game today and managed to find a way to get this quest to complete. Why it worked I have no idea, but I can tell you what I did differently and hopefully we'll pin down the one thing that made it work by process of elimination.

This time, before repeatedly trying to get him to talk to me or making physical contact, I noticed that after one attempt, he wasn't acknowledging the Talk request and the option to even give him the med wasn't appearing on screen. I didn't continue to attempting the conversation, just backed up some, put the medication into my first pocket slot and walked around him and the trough until the option to give him the drug stuttered into existence underneath Talk option. Consequently, I was standing on the opposite side (his right) of him from the initial approach (his left), clear of the trough on my right side by about a foot or so to give him space to carry out the turn animation. As soon as it popped up, I mashed the button and the hand off carried out as it was intended to. Mission completed.

GL, I hope this helps tack down the cause.

Your guess is as good as mine, but it seems logical enough to me. Anything being a possible cause means everything is worth considering.