Hello to my fellow Montrealers at Compulsion!
I have been playing quite a lot of WHF since I got access to the alpha. Pretty hard game, especially with the latest update, but always interesting and fun to play.
In any case, I have encountered a major game-breaking bug on different hardware configs. I have sent all the reports when asked and detailed what I was doing.
Here it is: When the bug is triggered, attempting to transfer any item in any container except the personal safe cause an immediate crash. The bug is lasting, and when triggered, continues even after reloading the save, basically corrupting it. There are other bugs which appear to be correlated with this one.
- The bug is triggered by an unknown event, and persist in the savegame.
- The bug causes the game to crash when attempting to transfer an item from the inventory to a container inside the safehouse, with the exception of the personal safe, which work fine.
- The bug causes the game to crash randomly when crafting high-level items, like the multi-tool or hammerpipe.
- The bug causes the game to crash when attempting to access the inventory of any container outside of the safehouse.
- When triggered, the bug causes images on TVs to not show up. Audio is working fine but all I see when I turn on the TV is ''illuminated black''. Even the motorized TVs are affected. I use this effect to see check if the bug is triggered.
I have tested this bug on over 6 games on 2 different computers. One is a desktop with an AMD 290 4GB, i7 4790K and 16GB RAM, and the other a laptop with Nvidia 965M 2GB, i7 4720HQ and 12GB RAM. The bug was always triggered sooner or later, but it seems to correlate roughly to finding the broken multi-tool in the closed shop, or saving the game and returning to the main menu. I don't know exactly, but it always hit me when I start to be able to craft the cooler stuff.
Thank you to the devs! Lovely day for it!